Thursday, March 16, 2006

In my ever increasing quest to be a better homosexualist I took the next step and now I fear I will never look back.

You see it all began last Friday. A parcel arrived at work containing my new shoes that I bought from eBay. Lovely shoes they were too. Lime green canvas Fred Perry ones and I loved them to bits so decided to wear them to the party I was to attend that night.

The only problem was that the Deep blue shirt I was wearing clashed HORRIBLY with said shoes so I was in a bit of a quandary as to what to do. In a fit of fashion pique I rushed out to Covent Garden at lunchtime to the Fred Perry boutique and bought myself a matching top for £45. I was terribly embarrassed at having to ask the shop assistant's advice on what would go with the shoes, so I fell back on the old "I am colour blind and can't decide for myself" routine. Well, it's partly true, I do LIVE with 2 colour blind girls (I am reliably informed that it is NOT because of inbreeding, even though they are sisters)

Now, I have always relied on my Northern Pride to prevent me from ever entering a shop that sold anything that could be considered fashionable, let alone anywhere that charged £45 for a T-SHIRT! But I did it anyway today and my gods I LOVE it! It is so comfortable, fits so well and looks fabulous. I made a grand entrance at the party and someone suggested that I make the "preppy look" my signature style.

Now, if I knew what that was, I would consider it.....

No comments: