Wednesday, March 28, 2007



Oh my god I have been SO utterly bored. I would have updated my blog in the last three weeks, but sadly I have been off work with a slipped disc, so the most interesting thing I have seen is the four walls of my (admittedly fabulous) remarkably tidy room.

Before I get a flood of comments asking whether I did it during some kinky sex games, the answer is sadly not. It was even gayer that that. I was happily ensconced at my desk at work when a colleague decided it would be funny to poke me in the ribs. Now, as with everything I do, when I jump I go the whole hog and I must have levitated about six inches from my chair and twisted my spine in an awkward manner. So yes, it did involve another gay, six inches and poking, but alas not in the fun way.


Now I wont bore you with details of the pain involved in a slipped disc, but what I do want to say is how utterly FABULOUS the drugs they give you are. I have been on a cocktail of strong painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills and muscle relaxants (which just happen to be the divine Diazepam). Now, I don't know what my housemates found funniest, the sight of me hobbling around or the fact that I had less of an attentions span than a homosexual with Freddie Ljungberg on one side of the road and Kylie on the other. Simple anecdotes would take an age to finish as I wondered off on various tangents that had little to do with the original subject matter...

So you see, that is why I waited until I was off the bulk of the pills before creating a blog entry and only have a picture of my recent New York trip to illustrate it with. Other wise you would have had 1000 words talking about how great daytime tv is and what I would have worn to the oscars, but also did you know what I had for dinner and isn't Daniel Radcliffe HOT these days (out of my mind you see).

So, back to regular broadcast schedule with a more coherent, more focused...

Oh look, America's Next Top Model is on, must dash....

2 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

well, all you need is love, eh?

ahoj

Vanessa said...

Dolly - aren't pain killers glorious? I remember the time when I coughed my way to illness (do you remember that? When I coughed so hard that my diaghragm muscle kept rubbing against my ribs and rubbed off the muscle membrane!!??) I was floating for about 2 weeks. Was GREAT. So good for you.

And yes - what is the deal with Daniel Radcliffe? Is it wrong that I'm weirdly looking forward - in a very naughty way - to the next Harry Potter movie? Clearly a few trips to the gym is all it takes to get me excited these days.

I miss you Clint. I do babe. Loving California though. Is gorgeous here.

XOXOX

V